googleb0fdcd64802a41ec.html

Friday, June 02, 2006

Usually I post a photo here evey couple of days , an update on the weather and the stunning views that CAsey Station has to offer us in million dollar views. I even talked to an electriction from one of the other Australian bases yesterday ,Mawson. She was complaining about the constant winds , lack of snow , the quarry like apperance of their station . I couldnt help but to rub in the fact that we have had virtually no inclement weather to speak of for the last 4 weeks. Stunning days, amazing sunsets and equally stunning auroras.It was almost as soon as I put the phone down , the winds here picked up , the snow started to drift , and now we are in the middle of our second day of blizzard conditions !! Makes for interesting movment around station. As I type ,the wind is at 111kph which is 66 knots. It has been over 100 knots , but lucky for me not while Ive been on power station observations. Obs have to be done 4 times a day , no matter what the weather.